mherger wrote:
> Hello music streaming fans:
>
> When we introduced the Logitech UE Smart Radio last fall we received a
> lot of positive feedback on the simplicity of the new experience. For
> those music lovers who seek a great sounding, yet compact, radio to
> access their favorite Internet radio stations and music services, the
> Logitech UE Smart Radio definitely hit a sweet spot.
>
> A few months back – in the countries where we distribute Logitech UE
> Smart Radio – we gave Squeezebox Radio users the option to switch their
> Squeezebox Radios to the Logitech UE Smart Radio platform. Shortly
> after, we received feedback from some users that the Logitech UE Smart
> Radio platform didn’t support all the advanced functionality of the
> Squeezebox platform they were used to.
>
> To address this, starting today we now offer the option to switch
> Logitech UE Smart Radio software to Squeezebox. By doing so, our
> Squeezebox fans can now take advantage of the improved portability of
> the Logitech UE Smart Radio, while still enjoying the Squeezebox
> features they appreciate.
>
> To initiate the transition, simply navigate to the advanced settings on
> your Logitech UE Smart Radio and scroll down to select “Switch to
> Squeezebox.”
>
> In order to ensure our customers transition to the experience that best
> fits their needs, both update paths include a link to descriptions of
> the pros and cons of each transition. Please make sure you review these
> carefully before proceeding, but know you can always revert back to the
> Logitech UE Smart Radio platform anytime you’d like.
>
> Cheers, and happy streaming!
>
> The Logitech UE Smart Radio / Squeezebox team

I have a squeezebox radio (in the United States) purchased a couple of
years ago (I think).  I never heard about this UE software until today.
So what's the difference?  Why would I want to be on UE software or
squeezebox software (what are the features and functionality of one vs.
the other)?  So far I've had no problems (I mainly listen to Pandora and
Sirius satellite via squeezebox radio).