Buddy:  Yeah I use regions alot.  But I think you have it backwards for what I
want.  I want one large Rich Text object, mail merge, with lots of stuff in it.
 Boiler plate text, many DB fields, many variable fields.  When you place a DB
or variable field in a RT object, there are no options like "stretch" or widths
to play around with that I can see.  And I don't think you can put a "region"
inside of a Rich Text object.

However, since then I figured out that I really don't need to have this
variable width/height stuff inside my Rich Text object.  So I can locate this
stuff in the Break Header (new page) since that stuff will probably never
change, and then locate my large Rich Text with all the other fields in the
Detail band.  My variable Page Header stuff can work just like a "regular"
report, and yet I still have my Rich Text editable box so the user can easily
modify the text as if they were in a Microsoft Word document.

I wouldn't mind finding out if those kinds of property options are available
from within the Rich Text, but I have a perfectly good workaround!

 Karen