I'm going to try like heck to replace all my old 7.6-era scrolling regions with
DBGrids, so I need to find out the best way to do those easy scrolling region
things within a DBGrid.  The one I'm having trouble with would be doing the
equivalent of "PROPERTY componentID TEXTVALUE <whatever".  Within a DBGrid, how
can I assign a value to another column based on something in the current
column?  Or do I have to go behind the scenes and update a table and refresh?

Thanks!

Karen