Jim,

There are some great file utilities in the Plugin Power Pack. My personal
favorite is LoadFileNamePlusPlus that, by default, defines all these variables:

vLFNFileCount = 1                              INTEGER

vLFNFileName1 = C:\RBTI\ProgrammingInRBASE.pdf TEXT

vLFNFilePath1 = C:\RBTI\                       TEXT

vLFNFileNameS1 = ProgrammingInRBASE.pdf        TEXT

vLFNFileExt1 = .pdf                            TEXT

vLFNFileDT1 = 12/03/2015 15:08:58              TEXT

vLFNFileDateTime1 = 12/03/2015 15:08:58        DATETIME

vLFNFileSize1 = 2084068                        INTEGER

vFileName = OK                                  TEXT

Worth a look in my opinion.

Good luck,

Paul Buckley