After building my wife's 48cm Bleriot, I saw another on this list,
more in my size than the Rambouillet I was riding.

I preferred the Rambouillet's feel to my older Riv Road Std (I still
miss that open fork crown!), but my commute now takes me through a few
hundred yards of sand wash, and the laptop loaded and fendered
Rambouillet was not happy going through this challenge in the dark
(the wash is marked as a 'road'). Likewise, my hands did not
appreciate some of the old Tucson aggregate cum gravel roads on the
(ugh!) 32mm TG Paselas. There was some serious envy as I eyed the
CdV's on the new Bleriot.

Having read some of the posts on trail, and others on the modulation
of the new Silver brakes (in particular by a stong proponent of
cantis), I wasn't sure about what to expect. Needless to say I'm
thoroughly enjoying the Bleriot, and find it superior to the
Rambouillet for my current needs. The tires are sooo much nicer on
these old roads; I can ride the wash clear through every time now. I
am amazed with the brakes. Yes, I'd like to try a set of the Paul's,
more for their looks than for any needed improvement in function.

I don't think I press the Bleriot descending as much as I did the
Rambouillet, maybe that's because I'm loaded more often now than then.
Timing myself to the bus station, there is no measurable difference
between the two bikes, but I am far, far more comfortable with the
fatter 650b's.

We'll try to do the annual Riv ride next year; maybe then I'll get a
chance on an AHH. But then we wouldn't have our matching bikes any
more!

Will try to get some pictures on Flickr soon.

Chris
Tucson, AZ