On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Seth Vidal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a good location for non-brifters if you're on the hoods most
> of the time? I've found DT shifters are a bit of a stretch for me and
> bar ends are okay, but kind of an odd movement from the drops. I've
> actually though about the thumbies mounted on the flats but that seems
> like a weird motion too.

Remember that much of comfort and convenience comes from familiarity. DT
shifters -- this on a 58 cm with highish saddle and low dt to accomodate 559
wheels -- were for me perfectly comfortable and convenient when you get used
to them; and I'm an old and stiff 53 -- with short arms!!

But I personally don't see any reason not to put thumbshifters on drop bar
flats. Me, I got rid of the shifting problem by doing away with multiple
gears. Works fine!