I think Chris is referring to price. With the two bikes,  as with the
components, one is twice as expensive as the other. New technology  "bores" you
as it
provides no value? Don't you think it's a little too soon  to make that
decision? Personally, new technology does the opposite for me. It  may or may
not
work but that's how improvements in bicycle technology have come  about - two
steps forward, one step back. Wether this is one of the steps  forward or
backward, I'll wait to see.
Bill
Louisville, Ky

In a message dated 2/17/2009 6:35:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
joelmatth...@mac.com writes:

So, they  are the same bike...just one had more prestige, just like
> electronic  Dura Ace.
>
> Chris
> Don't shy away from technology, it  really won't bite you!

You are assuming because electric shifting  technology is new it is
prestigious.  I do not think that is a logical  conclusion at all.

I don't fear the technology will bite me.   Rather it will bore me as
it provides no  value.

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe
bemailfooterNO62)