Seems like I talked to someone a while back that mentioned (if) the
AHH was an American made (Waterford) one a heavier down tube could
more easily be substituted for a little extra beefiness. Maybe this
isn't the case as it might be considered custom. To me a simple
substitution of tubing thickness  for the down tube (if that were the
only change from stock) would be easy, especially for $2000.  O.k.
maybe pay an extra $50 then.
On a tall frame it would seem that they would do that anyway rather
than the .8x.5x.8 mm.

I had this question about weight limits rolling around in my mind also
as I am 255 and didn't really want an Atlantis and I am 99.858% a
paved road rider and a careful one at that.
It seems Rivendell is stuck on their buyers using their bikes on fire
trails which in my area don't even exist, unless you want rocks,
stumps, roots and generally gnarly surfaces. Not something I think the
Riv folks would even consider riding on. I am not sure what those fire
trails are like down in sunny Cali but I think Riv should make it a
glaring point in their weight limit stats to point out that paved road
riding is hugely different and less hard on a bike
frame......generally!
 I think Riv might have lost some sales because of the emphasis on
fire road weight limits. It gets confusing when you read the info, at
least for me it was. I simply focused on the weight limit number and
got discouraged. Maybe a clarification on the site would be helpful to
other potential customers. In one of my frame building books it
mentions that modern O.D. heat treated 8x5x8 tubing is fine for riders
(over) 200 pounds. I assume they meant for smooth roads when making
this statement.
I only wish I had not purchased the other brand frame that I did and
waited and purchased what I really wanted as it would have been fine
on the smooth roads I ride on. Waaaaa!!!!!