Doesn't the Quickbeam beg for innovation? I ran it fixed initially,
freecog this last cold season. At one point I actually bought a
Shimano internal 7-speed hub to put on it, but then decided the Q
would become just another city bike. So I sold the wheel without using
it.

I have decided to keep the Q in manual multi-gear mode, because that
is what makes it unique and interesting for me. When I feel the urge
to monkey with it, I change free-to-fixed-to-free, a bag, or tires.
Hey, maybe its time to put on some knobbies for mixed surface riding.