on 9/2/09 9:35 PM, CycloFiend at cyclofi...@earthlink.net wrote:

> on 9/2/09 9:31 PM, David Estes at cyclotour...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Given what you said, would Col de la Vie tires work ok?  Seems as long as it
>> wasn't too muddy they would have enough knob to hang on.  I ran them in the
>> dirt very successfully, but never racing in mud.
>
> They wouldn't be my first choice. It's mostly a question of holding a line
> in a loose corner, and I like to have a little more tread near the edges.
> The CdlV's seem a little smooth to me.
>
> I like to have the feeling that there's a bit of a bite as the lean angle
> increases.

Just to clarify - I definitely use the Jack Brown (Greens) on all kinds of
trail conditions for general riding.  I just wouldn't try to race cross on
them.

- J

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Your Photos are needed! - http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"I thought the idea was to waste the rest of our lives together.."
-- Cyril, "Breaking Away"