I don't know if Curtis Inglis did my bike. I got it from Cycle Monkey,
and they sent it, with seven other bikes, to whoever does the work for
them. Mike Schiller said he saw a group of bikes at Curtis Inglis'
shop being modified. I'm guessing that was the batch from Cycle
Monkey.

By the way, if you are looking for a bike with Rohloff + belt, or to
have your bike modified to fit a Rohloff, I recommend Cycle Monkey.
Not only am I delighted with my bike, but during the process, when I
asked questions, they would explain things to me so I could understand
the factors involved in my decisions. I hate it when people don't
explain things.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Montclair BobbyB
<montclairbob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't imagine even a Moonlander "floating" in deep snow or sand... It's
> kinda like snowshoes... Although I have huge 36" snowshoes even in a deep
> (light) powder I sink way in... but on slightly packed they're great. So
> even the fattest tires aren't immune to deep loose sand or snow.  You need
> some degree of firmness in the snow.
>
> I especially like the Krampus because I think it offers a nice balance, with
> wheels that have both big diameter AND width.  And given the "right" firm
> snow conditions the Krampus would be awesome.
>
> Nice splitter on the seat tube, Anne.  Did Curtis Inglis do your bike?
> Interesting place to put the splitter (makes sense to me). I've see the
> splits occur at the dropout, typically held together with some kind of plate
> (with screws), but this is pretty unique. Curtis has mad skills.
>
> BB
>

> On Friday, March 28, 2014 8:06:07 PM UTC-4, Mike Schiller wrote:
>>
>> I already have a 29er that fits 2.35" tires, I want a bike to ride on the
>> sand.  I live 1/2 mile from the beach and a few hours drive from Anza
>> Borrego.  So I'm most likely going to get the fatbike.
>>
>> ~mike

-- Anne Paulson

It isn't a contest. Enjoy the ride.