Hi Patrick,
I'm glad you asked me that! :^)
I don't know about the Sparrow, but I have two widths of Woodchipper, a Midge,
and an original WTB bar.
The tops on the Midge and WTB are pretty narrow, so I cruise on the hoods. My
Woodchipper bike has the bars set a couple (few) inches above the saddle, so
the hooks are the most comfortable position.
They all take road levers, and if you use V brakes instead of cantis, you'll
need some Dia-Compe 287V levers, or the Tektro V levers. They're both
inexpensive as levers go.
The wide Woodchippers are WIDE, especially with bar end shifters in. They're
31.8s so they are stiffer than the other bars. The difference in 'give' between
the hooks and ends is noticeable, and if that causes discombobulation, I'd cut
them down.
The narrower WCs are good, and have a normal (in this circle) clamp size. The
tops are wide enough to use while climbing.
Midges have a short extension, well suited to bar end shifters. They well work
for me, but I've gotten more used to the Woodchippers.
WTB bars are no longer available new, but I like them the best.
It may be hard to find any of these bars in silver, and with a smaller clamp
size. If you find you dislike one, I think you'll dislike them all. If you like
the feel, then there are subtle differences between the models.
Matt Chester has a good article on setting up Dirt Drop bars on 63xc.com, and
Guitar Ted is a great resource for reviews.

Philip
www.biketinker.com