Almost but not entirely off topic: There's an entirely entertaining
documentary called "Bill Cunningham New York" about a fashion photographer
for the NY Times who rides his bike around the city every day all week
taking pictures of people on the street. He has done so for 40–50 years. He
spends a few minutes talking about how to make a poncho from a trash bag
and tape, saying, "You can buy these, but they get holes, too, and then you
patch those with tape, so it all ends up looking the same, anyway."
Different strokes, you know?