Oh, but so far, I think the Riv English Riding Jacket is simply
outstanding.  4-season applicable if you get it big enough to wear a down
sweater under it.  Really rainproof and not clammy.  Packs up small.  Great
on the bike, plus great as a travel jacket; have had it overseas and it was
the bomb (New Zealand in the austral summer including windy south pacific
beaches and sailing).  I do though now wish it had a detachable
filson-style hood that would button on and off.  I may even put my own
buttons on it to use my filson hood.  Anyway, since December, it's been a
total go-to garment here in Minnesota and travelling.