I have never had good luck with Sram  chains and have found their master
links to be particularly problematic.  Some years ago I switched to
Wipperman 908 chains and have always gotten good shifting, long life and
reliability from them. Their master links are a different design and are
reliable and much easier to install and remove. They cost a bit more (not
nearly as much as RBW charges) but are well worth it.

If you are taking the bike to a trustworthy mechanic he will inspect the
cassette and rings for signs of premature wear.

Good luck.
Michael