I have a stack of these:

good cheap 8 speed chain
<http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/sram-pc850-8-speed-chain/rp-prod21295?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedStates&gclid=CjkKEQjwh7ucBRD9yY_fyZe398gBEiQAAoy4JIuWrqRbWNkYvm4u9MEC0-Vxh0WHFg965NxndChZtKPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds>

and a stack of these:

good cheap 9 speed chain
<http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/sram-pc971-9-speed-chain/rp-prod9873>

I finally ponied up the $80 for a wipperman.....because my daughter was
doing a science project on how long it takes chains to rust.  I never even
got to ride it!  :-(

but she got an A on her science project