That's why you buy by the stack.  Or that's the reason I buy by the stack.
A lot of places, including Chain Reaction (and Rivendell), do free shipping
when you spend a decent amount of money.  I'd never order a single chain on
the internet.  You might as well pay retail at the LBS if you are only
going to buy them one at a time.