Hello RBW - list

I'm an enthusiast from Sweden who is visiting the Bay Area in September. I'm
interested in riding from Sacramento to San Fransisco I'm interested to get
information regarding my planned route where should I plan to ride. Is it any
dangerous passage that I should try to avoid? Is it possible do this ride in
one day or should I plan for layover, what do you have for recommendations?

All informations and suggestions are highly appreciated!

Regards

Carl Otto Wollin