I have an Edelux 2 (RBW sells this one too) and a battery powered Ixon IQ.
I think PW says the beam from the newer Eyc is similar to that of the Ixon
IQ but with the dim spot right in front of the wheel filled in. When I got
my Ixon IQ I liked it much better than any light I had used before it, so I
doubt you would be disappointed with the Eyc. The beam from the Edelux is
broader than my Ixon and fills in close to the bike. The Edelux 2 is great
too, but I don't vastly prefer its beam over the one from the Ixon. Perhaps
I'm just not that discerning, others may have a different viewpoint.
The Edelux also has a glass front piece and an aluminum housing so it feels
like a higher quality item than the plastic lights.

You should also consider the "senso" feature (or lack thereof) on specific
models you are considering. You may like having the light come on
automatically if it starts getting dark towards the end of a ride, or have
it go off when it gets light after starting out before dawn. Or you may
prefer to make your own decisions about on or off.

Oh and while you are at it, the linetec dyno tail light is pretty neat too.