haha Andrew great comments

I thought my Paul Taylor custom was going to be a lifetime bike, it's
very fast but it's punishing and you can not get anyting over 23mm
under the front fork.  The other problem is that it TT is 66mm C-C and
it's threadless so even with the itty bittiest stem is more than I
want.  And it's hard to get any up angle when you're using a tiny
threadless stem.  A quill with 50mm extension would have been so much
better.  So I got the thing repainted, err powdercoated, and now I'm
selling it.

Then there's the Eisentraut, I thought it would be a piece of history
that I would keep for a lifetime.  Now, I'm kind of wondering why I
have it, ifn I'm not going to build it up and ride it.  The problem is
that it's a touring frame, with none of the modern accoutrements for
touring like eyelets for racks and so forth.

But anyway :)

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Andrew Marchant-Shapiro
<marchantshap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I used to buy bikes for my lifetime, until I realized that each and every
> bike I've had has ridden differently, and I've liked the difference.  Two
> years ago I lost a Trek 560 that I absolutely loved.  I was going to get a
> custom-built replacement, but that ultimately proved unworkable.
> Consequently, I bought a Velo Orange Randonneur.  I like it a lot.  I also
> liked my Kogswell D58--threadless stem and all.  I just didn't need it
> anymore.
>
> This is all by way of saying that variety is a spice of life.
>
> When my next bike gets shot out from under me--if--I will not worry about a
> perfect replacement.  Because whatever I find will be as good as, if not
> better, than the old bike.
>
> Lifetime, schmifetime.  They're all tools, they're all bikes, and they're
> all meant to be ridden into the ground.  If you want one with fancy paint,
> that's your deal, and I can completely understand.
>

> On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:54:32 PM UTC-4, Bill Lindsay wrote:
>>
>> 'til death do us part....or some other bike catches my eye
>>
>> On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:49:33 PM UTC-7, Joe Bernard wrote:
>>>
>>> I always purchase lifetime bikes. Problem is, I always sell them for
>>> different lifetime bikes ;)

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!