On Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:20:34 PM UTC-5, lungimsam wrote:

> 1. What's your experience?

I've had a Mark's Rack P-clamped to my Bleriot for the last five years.  I
originally set it up with the single struts, but a couple of years ago
began using 2 struts per side a la RBW.  Functions perfectly.

> 2. Do P-clamps slide down over time?

No.

> 3. Where's the best place on the fork for clamping, or does it matter? I
> guess I could measure my Sam fork braze-ons and model it from there.

I based clamp location on the braze-on location of either my QB or wife's
Betty Foy (can't remember which) - ~5.5"-5.75" below top of the fork crown,
IIRC.  I would recommend just basing yours on your Sam's braze-on location.
 This would allow the same rack (and cut struts) to be used on either bike.
 Don't stress it too much, though.

> I would probably have loads of 4 to 8 lbs. maximum.
> I am probably over-thinking this?

I originally paired the rack with an Acorn Rando Bag, but long ago
abandoned that setup for a small Wald basket and net.  4-8 lbs?  no
problemo.