while I'm guessing you're probably bored with my old Raleigh, it has the
best-functioning seatpost clamp I've ever monkeyed with.  Tightening the
bolt is not what clamps the seatpost - it's the tension of the lug itself.
 You take a big-blade screwdriver and spread the clamp - you can slide the
seatpost anywhere.  You release the screwdriver spread, and the lug bites
the seatpost.  Tighten the bolt snug (no torque) and you're done.  It's
been working this way for 38 years through 3 different seatposts.