Gotta respect Surly for their out-of-the-box way of doing it, as much as
you gotta respect Riv for the same thing. My LHT was the stepping stone to
a Sam Hillborne, and I know I'm not the only one. My LHT taught me that
riding a steel 'road' bike in the dirt is fun, and the Sam confirmed it.
All part of the same continuum.

Now let me heartily plug the Surly wool offerings. Their short- and
long-sleeved wool jerseys are awesome pieces of kit. Generous fit for the
unracer, good zippers, great construction. Only moderately spendy, and
worth every penny.