On 02/26/2015 09:40 PM, Patrick Moore wrote:
You must have walked in SPDs? And my Ram and '03 custom carry groceries just fine, while being fun to ride unladen. As for theft, I usually wheel the bike through the aisles in place of a shopping cart.

I didn't say it couldn't be done, obviously it can be, but that's pretty much the interior dialog. I have a bike I can ride in regular street clothes and shoes that I use for errands. Lots of people bring bikes to the grocery store, but I have never yet even once in my entire life seen anyone bring one into the store.

at least 3/4 of my riding is turning shopping and errand trips into cycling detours on such bikes. At 12 to 20 miles each, rt, it's worth my while to change into cycling kit -- such as it is. Certainly SPDs.