On 02/26/2015 08:06 PM, Doug Williams wrote:

Perfect Geir!

Just wear whatever works for the ride you will be doing. Exercise clothes or racing kit are fine if that is what you are doing. Nothing wrong with bike clothes for a long and/or hard ride. But bike shoes and jerseys in the grocery store are just…well…whatever. Again, I maintain that MANY bicyclists simply can’t imagine going on a “regular ride” in “regular clothes”. They miss out on many good rides because they simply can’t ride without their racing kit. In the time spent getting dressed, I could have already been at the grocery store. The result is that the “racing kit crowd” never ride on short errand rides, because it is just too much trouble to get into their uniform.

It's a right pain walking around in a store shopping wearing cycling shoes. Also, odds are good a bike you'd use on a "regular" ride couldn't carry groceries anyway. On top of that, what are the chances the bike would be stolen? Hardly worth taking the risk. It's a lot more than just "too much trouble to get into the uniform."