Late to this thread - interesting and well-articulated perspectives all
around, as per RBWOB usual.

For me, the crux of the issue is that people should find a system that
works for them, go with it, and own it. For me, that extends throughout
life and is an intrinsic part of living in a tolerant and diverse society.
The drama and judgement only reinforces tunnel vision and defensiveness.

And I don't mean to let Grant et al. off the hook; there is a bit of
swagger from that camp as well, as others have mentioned. However I think
RBW's relaxed vibe, practical approach and earnest business model is worth
a lot in today's world.

I'm all bemused eyerolls when I encounter people that are so up in arms
with what others are doing. Get over yourself and go have fun!

KJ