> How does everyone take the last bit about the decals, looks to me like you
> have the option to get the frame w/ headbadge only, no decal or you can
> have the Clem/Clementine decal plus a customized name/whatever decal?  Am I
> reading that right?

I think you get the "standard" Clem Smith Jr. or Clementine decals,
appropriate to the model, already installed...  OR...   a you get set of
generic letters that you can use to name the bike whatever you want.   Not
both.   I think it is intended to be a theft-deterrent (or, more
accurately, recovery aid) device - the idea being that yours would be the
only bike of it's kind, and easy to identify.   (When they first talked
about it, I misunderstood that they were encouraging buyers to make them
ugly, so that they'd be less likely to be stolen in the first place.)

I'm curious now though, after reading this, if the "headbadge" will just be
a sticker or an actual metal badge.   The manhole cover thing sure would
look great in pewter

> All that said I'm going to be on the sidelines for this one...  a Clem
> would be a great starting place for my wife but that she's already got a
> gorgeous motobecane mixte and bstone mtb.  I can't wait to see these things
> get delivered and built up though!

Some unsolicited advice from someone who's started to figure this
out:   It's a lot easier to occasionally bring home additional,
unnecessary bikes for yourself, if you occasionally buy additional,
unnecessary bikes for your wife.  It is ESPECIALLY easy to rationalize your
purchases when you can explain to them, first hand through their own
examples, what makes a good bike - one that really fits well and is a joy
to ride - such a "bargain."   Buying my wife a Rivendell, even though she
wasn't asking for it, was one of the best things I've ever done.   She now
rides 10 times more than she used to, she not only likes to go riding with
me but actually initiates it, and she has willingly gone on a week long
tour with me.... and wants to do more.   Best of all, with the
Clem/Clementine, is that you can do this relatively inexpensively!!!