I think you need to be more skeptical of the notion that the Marathons are, in
fact, significantly more flat-resistant than the Barlows. The higher volume and
lower pressure characteristics of the Barlow make it, in my estimation, a very
flat resistant tire. I have put probably 3500 miles on Barlows in the past year
or so, entirely while living in college towns with lots of broken glass. Like,
actually, fairly large bits are all around and ground glass is everywhere where
I've been riding. I have not had one flat in that time and I wouldn't say I
ride particularly cautiously. I just run the Barlows at 38 in the rear and 34
up front, and I'm 190 lbs.

I agree with Patrick, running them at low pressure is almost unsettlingly more
comfortable and zippier, in my experience. Marathons always felt so very dead
to me, on both a Quickbeam and Sam Hillborne.