On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Mike Shaljian <mikeshalj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think you need to be more skeptical of the notion that the Marathons
> are, in fact, significantly more flat-resistant than the Barlows. The
> higher volume and lower pressure characteristics of the Barlow make it, in
> my estimation, a very flat resistant tire.

Mike, I envy your luck vs. flats with the Barlow Pass tires.  Commuting on
city streets in Cedar Rapids tore the hell out of my GB Lierres.  I finally
took them off after 1500 miles and many flats, mostly from glass shard
punctures.  I had three separate "X" holes through the tread.

But, the ride of supple tires is so magical that I keep trying.  I put new
Pari-Motos on my Riv, and flatted the rear within the first 50 miles.  :(
 I'm going to try them tubeless (on tubeless-ready PL23 rims) to deal with
the punctures.

Tim