It would seem like the Schwalbe 'Rock Razor' might be a good model to try for
dirt touring
(http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/off-road_tires/Rock_Razor). . .

I've been searching for the perfect medium-duty touring tire as well. I have
helped a friend setup some Super Motos as tubeless on her 29+ bike and am going
to do the same on mine, in order to have a "go faster" wheelset along with my
3" Chupacabras. The trouble with the Lite-Skin Super Motos is that the sidewall
is very leaky and the tires don't have a TL-Easy/Ready bead. Hers seem to be
starting to hold pressure after a week of fussing.

Due to the leaky nature of Super Motos, I've considered the option of getting
some Rock Razors and sanding off the nubs to have a TL-Ready, 2.35" tire that
would be fit for lighter touring and fast gravel/paved road rides. If this was
going to be your main loaded dirt touring tire the nubs would obviously help!