Hi Tony,

The full housing runs are mostly about keeping grit and grime out of
cables. They also allow for hydraulic lines if one goes that route for
braking. An advantage of the top tube cable routing on a front loader like
this is a clear downtube to grab, the best point for lifting a front-heavy
bike over obstacles.

No doubt your Bomba is ready to E the NFs, too! The mission statements are
a little different, though. The stock NFE has the same tubing as my Romulus
(and, I think similar to the Hilsen in the current lineup, amybe a notch
lighter than your Saluki even). It's not a full on tourer like the stouter
Rivs. I'm curious whether the disc fork is as smooth as the one on my Rom,
expect it to be a little harsher.

I got in on the initial run but haven't gotten to build mine yet. Eight
years in the Pac NW has convinced me that discs are worth a try. A neat
advantage is the ability to try a 26" wheelset with the Rat Trap Pass tires
when they come out.

Best,
joe broach
pdx or