On 06/02/2015 12:56 PM, Dan wrote:
I'd be interested in folks' experience with the XL size too. This frame is really really close to my ideal; recently I've even come to think discs are a good idea on this type of bike. At this point my biggest hesitation is the wheel size, even though I thought the wheels on my 29er felt TOO big, 650B still scares me for some reason.

You should try to figure out what exactly frightens you about 650B. Perhaps trying to enumerate them might help you decide one way or the other.