I believe that the “arms race” for bright taillights has gotten out of hand …
or at a minimum, there are lights that *might* be suited for certain urban
environments and solo riders that are showing up in pacelines where they don’t
belong. As Will mentions, it’s extremely annoying (and sometimes downright
dangerous) to ride behind someone sporting a taillight that’s brighter than
most headlights were just a few years ago.

I ride with a visible, but not blinding, taillight and an abundance of
reflective gear.

--Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com
www.campyonly.com