As a fairly new member to the list (about a year), I have bought one item
and sold a couple others.  The parts I sold were usually in response to
someone's open request for a particular thing that I happened to have.
 That mutual need, a list member's need to find it and mine to pass it on,
made for a pleasant transaction and a nice feeling of contributing to the
community.  We used Paypal for all the transactions and it worked great.
 Particularly nice was the feature to print prepaid mailing labels.
 Everyone was prompt on payment to the point that I felt a responsibility
to get the package to the post office as quickly as I could to return the
favor.  When pricing I would suggest getting a clear price from the USPS
site so you know how to price the item shipped.

Welcome.  It's a wonderful, knowledgeable and helpful group of people.

John