My Father-in-law had that kinda kickstand back in China.
I don't think I'd like the weight of that kstand either.
China's got great ideas for baby seats and umbrella holders, too.

But in Canton China, seems like people are just cruising to work/school.
Nobody cares about average speeds and I don't think there are many, if
any, hills to climb in Guangzhou, China!!! They don't like helmets,
either!! Too hot!!! Everything over there is pure function. They even ride
their bikes when they are soooooo rusted!! You couldn't go fast if you
tried in Canton - too crowded and no one seems to observe any kind of
right-of-way or traffic laws, except the cars who have to stop at red
lights.

No one has to worry about parts failing on 30+ mile descents, like we do
here in the States. They are cruising flat in crowded traffic at 10mph with
bike shops on every corner, so to speak!