I still own a car although I have given up using it around town.  I stopped
tracking mileage years ago and commute varying distances as a work during
the school year as a substitute teacher in 3 different districts.  I
suppose I average 20 miles a day during the week plus whatever recreational
miles I get over the weekends.  I drive about 2000 miles a year if that
puts anything in perspective.

Marc