Ha! If it's any consolation, winter's always put shoes on my feet. Grin.
Unfortunately, I'm leaning that way all on my own to such an extent that I
debated starting this thread at all as I wasn't sure it would change what I
am doing. It's been a frustrating summer not getting out anywhere close to
what I'd hoped, and if there is any possibility this was contributory in
any way to that it's well worth wearing minimalist shoes.

With abandon,
Patrick