Patrick,
About four years ago I started having more than the occasional cramp,
mainly in my feet.  Research lead me to try taking supplements (potassium
and magnesium) along with my daily banana.  I now rarely have any type of
cramp and have ditched the banana (don't need the extra sugar) altogether.
  I gotta say those cramps in my feet were awful. As for barefoot cycling
you might want to give this https://www.altrarunning.com/ a look. Great
shoes. Pricey, but worth it IMO.
I'm not sure if any of this is related to your condition(s), but it might
be worth a look. Hope you get it resolved soon I can relate.
Best,
Clyde

Sorry not to resond off list, but I can't find the "cc" thingy here anymore
šŸ˜•
emoticons are easy to find...sheesh