Thank you, Oliver. Yes, if it is contributory, it's because I am a canary
in a coal mine. I wouldn't imagine this would be on a list of toxic things
we absorb.

Andy, I thought about shellac and may try it, but I wonder if it would come
off really fast.

Thank you, Clyde. I get 2 cups of homemade bone broth a day, so have
confidence in my calcium and magnesium. Altra Running is a great company.
Their shoes are a lot thicker than I wear (theirs are 10+ mm, I wear 2-3mm
at most). If you do the minimalist thing, you might be interested in
Zemgear's Terra Tech.

The good news is it seems to be clearing out. Come next spring I'll likely
play around with going barefoot again.

With abandon,
Patrick