Having a bike with a very low top tube, I can testify to one reason to
get the top tube right up there: frame bag space. I love my Surly
Krampus and appreciate the lower top tube, but still I envy the other
riders whose frame bags can hold more than a tube and some tools.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Wayne Naha <w.r.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like this line of thinking.  It does seem like like getting that top tube
> right up there is mostly for tradition.  My Clem is going to be a smaller
> than I would normally ride, so it looks like my seatpost and handlebars will
> be hiked up dork fashion.
>
> On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 7:07:14 PM UTC-4, Joe Bernard wrote:
>>
>> Conversely, this would put me on a 45cm with a low standover height. After
>> years of riding folders with the frame way down there, my creaky 53-year-old
>> body has completely lost the plot on towering toptubes. They're up there in
>> the way for no reason other than most nice bikes used to look that way. I'm
>> over it, and I think I would be very happy with a Clem.

-- Anne Paulson

It isn't a contest. Enjoy the ride.