As an observer of the bike , with a long front-center it seems to scream
"front rack" .  It would help out the weight balance overall front-rear. A
porteur would be great !  I'd chose the Soma Deluxe SS over the VO as the
Soma has the added fork struts for stabilization.

 I've seen it w/o fence for as little as $132 .
http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/p-23468-soma-porteur-front-cargo-rack.aspx?variantID=75661&gclid=Cj0KEQjw75yxBRD78uqEnuG-5vcBEiQAQbaxSPCjvPccINhO7rX30zjW6B7a1uKjg5TU9jbSTtPt85kaAs7h8P8HAQ

As far as "the price" .... really ?  These are one-time and long-time
purchases ,* if you get what you want first.  *If you don't get what you
want, you end up dissatisfied and end up spending more later on something
else . * Get what you really want the first time *:)