> So thanks to the moderators for putting my first reply in so late it
makes me look like  moron. :-P

Forum has a single moderator with a busy life who does this as a labor of
love.  We are very lucky to have him and this forum.

On topic - I was a very early Rohloff adopter - deciding on Rohloff early
in the process of my first custom build.

The technology is fascinating.  The quality undeniable.

That said, I never warmed to riding a bike with so much weight concentrated
in one spot.  I ultimately sold the bike to a favorite local mechanic who
has continues to ride it through all the variety of weather Chicago throws
at us.

For my part, I have gone to 1x set ups and single speeds which match my
riding preference much better than IGH.  My current city bike has a
Velosteel single speed coaster hub which I grow to love more with every
passing ride.