When I used brifters more often, I did simultaneous shifts all the
time, especially when transitioning from the big ring to the middle
ring.  I'd hit the button on both brifters to go to a smaller ring on
both front and back, and it would be a perfect transition every time.
Well ok one time I dropped my chain, but that was the only time I can
ever remember that happening and I'd done a similar shift hundreds if
not thousands of times.

Now, the remnants of my go-fast bike are in spare parts boxes in my garage.