The charts may be a bit suspect as clearance for some models has changed
over time, but according to the RBW geometry charts the Cheviot's max tire
is 5mm larger than the Sam's. Though the brakes may be the same the
tightest spot for tire clearance is often the chainstays and I think the
Cheviot has longer stays than the current Sam.