Hey Keith, thanks for posting those pics. Btw, Looks like a nice piece of
property you got there - enjoyed the view!!!  Much whiter then over here!

i think I've figured out that a 1 to 2cm stem deduction from the boscos will
give me the position I am after. I always feel like the boscos come too far in
to me, especially while sharp turning. I am also constantly grabbing ahead of
the break lever so I can stand to loose some reach from the bar end.

I did a nice 40k ride 2 days ago, completely in the the rain/sleet/snow and had
a 12km stretch of riverside flats with a headwind. I was grabbing the Bosco at
the front, ahead of the bull horns(?) and it was quite helpful in staying out
of the wind.  I can see a similar position on the albas, in the "humps" but
they appear to be 2 or more cm ahead of where the Bosco front is.  A 1 cm
reduction for me will make that area useable.

Have you tried flipping the albas to get lower?