I love these Columbia Royce Peak Cargo pants.  Great weight.  With my
wife's help we made a couple pairs into shorts, which I use for riding in
most of the time, using the full length pants for everyday wear and on bike
wear when it's cold enough to warrant long pants.  When you can catch them
on sale at Amazon they are a great deal.  I've picked them up for as low as
$35 a pair.

http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Royce-Peak-Cargo-Pant/dp/B00GWNGMTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454795671&sr=8-1&keywords=royce+peak+cargo