Thanks. Those locks in the Kickstarter campaign look elegant. I wonder how
strong they are.

I have pitlocks on my (and my partner's) wheels and seat posts. Sadly, I
actually bought Allen bicycle bolts at Missing Link bike coop in Berkeley 6
months ago, but the Allen key stripped the bolts...or more accurately, I
stripped the bolts using the key while I was tightening them just a little
too much, which didn't seem like that much. So, I then decided to go with
wax and ball bearings....a little too late.

Leaving our two Rivs outside for 120 minutes already broke my ~20-minute
rule, but I was foolishly convinced that all of the foot traffic where the
bikes were would deter. I know better and 99% of the time use the growing
number of secure bike parking options across the Bay Area.

In a marginally related note, I'm just returning from the Big Ears Festival
in Knoxville, TN. The weekend pass for this cool festival included free
bike rental from the Tennessee Valley Bike Shop. The shop owner told me
that virtually no one uses U-Locks, as theft is just so rare. True enough—I
saw a lot of weak cable locks around town. One of the shop employees even
leaves his bike out without a lock at all.

Sigh,
Sean