> just joking a bit...put if you put any more spacers under that
> threadless headset you could climb up on those bars and then jump on
> the roof of that house.  to each their own on aesthetics.

If that were really an issue, Surly could easily adopt one of the
several threadless stems custom builders make that appear to be a
quill stem.  Or, just as easily make a threaded fork design as do many
company's which order bikes from the same factory the Surly - and your
theoretical Tigged Rivs - come from.