In science, it's important that results are replicable - this means that
anybody doing the same experiment must get the same results. I was excited
to learn that recently, Joshua Poertner (formerly of Zipp, now of Silca)
has replicated our results on tire pressure: Higher tire pressures don't
make you faster on smooth pavement, and definitely are slower on rough
surfaces. He apparently used the same rumble strip method as we did when we
first quantified suspension losses.

More about this is here:

https://janheine.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/suspension-losses-confirmed/

It's exciting that what used to be highly controversial now is entering the
mainstream. And I want to thank the listmembers who were open to these
ideas long before anybody else.

Jan Heine
Editor
Bicycle Quarterly