The article referenced by Jan features a French-blue Rivendell Road with
resist nomads:
http://trstriathlon.com/talking-tires-with-joshua-poertner/

(I think this is David's bike, and I hope he's compensated given the
reference to photopin license. His Flickr feed shows up as no commercial
use.)

I like this section (towards bottom of the article):

> If wider is better, is a lot wider a lot better? And if a wider tire is
> what the world needs, then do we need a wider wheel to hold it? More
> accurately do we need wider wheels, wider forks, and wider chain and seat
> stays to hold them? Who is going to manufacture all this stuff, and how
> will the bike designer, the wheel builder, and the tire maker negotiate the
> new standards?

Indeed, who is going to manufacture all this stuff???

shoji